Applications to get the ‘Exceptional Entry Permit’, a temporary service offered to residents stuck abroad due to Covid-19, can be submitted from Saturday on the Qatar Portal.
The service “allows employers, whether individuals or companies, government or private sectors, to apply for entry permits for residents and their family members holding QIDs under which they can return to Qatar”, according to information available on the Qatar Portal.
Following are the steps to apply:
* Create a new account by visiting this link on Qatar Portal or log in to your existing account (if available).
* Click on “Apply for Exceptional Entry Permit”.
* Read the terms and conditions and prepare all required attachments before starting the application.
* Enter the application page and fill in the required information correctly and completely as shown on the passport.
* Enter your email ID correctly to receive approval on your application.
* Print the entry permit and keep a copy of it and a copy of the quarantine undertaking to be presented to airport officials.
For more information, one can call 109 from within Qatar or +974 44069999 from outside the country.
As part of lifting the Covid-19 restrictions gradually, the government had last month announced changes to the quarantine requirements for incoming passengers after reviewing the travel policy announced earlier. The changes came into effect on July 22.
A statement issued by the Government Communications Office said the revision was based on public health indicators in Qatar as well as around the world.
According to the statement, residents would be allowed to return to Qatar from August. Their entry would be organised based on a series of priorities, including public health indicators, the nature of the needs of the various government and semi-government sectors and humanitarian cases, and through submitting return requests for permits via the Qatar Portal website based on the above-mentioned priorities.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
QNL president receives Peruvian envoy
Ukrainian FM meets Qatar envoy
Indosat Ooredoo launches SheHacks 2021
Centara West Bay achieves vaccination success
Qatar Charity water projects combat drought in Somalia
Ezdan is the platinum sponsor of labour conference
Qatar Participates in Regional Mena Forum on Preventing Conflicts and Protecting Minorities
Kahramaa eyeing District Cooling System expansion
QDA launches 5th youth diabetes Al-Tahadi camp